WTAO Statutes (Draft)
Passed by the first representative meeting of World Traditional Archery Organization(Yecheon, Korea, September 2017)
Article 1. General Rules
1. (Name) The World Traditional Archery Organization(WTAO) is an international NGO(non-government organization)
2. (Location) The office of WTAO is located in city of Yeochon, Republic of Korea.
- (a) In this organization, Archery represent all devices, including symbolic motifs, arrow, costumes and charters which focus on reflecting archery's characters.
- (b) The objective of WTAO are :
- ⅰ) To keep in contact with people related to archery all over the world and region.
- ⅱ) To develop connections and friendships among member organizations.
- ⅲ) To inherit and develop the archery arts & culture of each country based on the cultural diversity of UNESCO.
- ⅳ) To promote archery art activities all over the world.
Article 2. Activities and Businesses
4. (Activities and Businesses) The corporation conduct following activities and businesses to achieve above purpose :
- 4.1. Collect data and research of archery and its culture.
- 4.2. Study and planning the exhibition, performance related to archery and its culture.
- 4.3. Build the social network between Korea, international archery culture research groups, institutions, and individuals.
- 4.4. Mutual support and creative activities support related to Korea and international archery-related festival.
- 4.5. To promote the culture of Yecheon, a worldwide mecca of archery
- 4.6. Encourage cultural activities in Korea through archery-related mankind, material and academic networks, and international cooperation for the archery-related international organization.
- 4.7. Other activities and businesses for achieving the purpose of the corporation.
Article 3. Membership
- (a) All countries, archery art organizations or regional archery arts groups which approve statutes of World Traditional Archery Organization can apply to join World Traditional Archery Organization.
- (b) The member of WTAO include archery artists, archery research groups, archery art performers, museums and archery related festival organizers.
- (c) The members of WTAO represent all kinds of archery related persons or groups both traditional or modern.
6. (Rights) World Traditional Archery Organization treats all of the group members equally and with respect, and opposes any kinds of national, political and religious discrimination.
Article 4. Structure of the Organization
- (a) The highest meeting of the WTAO is 'representative meeting', which shall be held every four years. Every group member can send two people but each representative has one voting right.
- (b)To advise professional and technical suggestion for organization's efficiently implement and operation of business can be organized board of directors and executive committee.
8. (Representative meeting) The responsibilities of representative meeting are
- 8.1. To listen to reports of activities of WTAO
- 8.2. To calculate the costs and estimate future costs
- 8.3. To decide the proposals the reforming regulation related to membership
- 8.4. To discuss the proposals by the members of WTAO
- 8.5. To appoint the representatives of each country
- 8.6. To confirm costs and estimated expenses
- 8.7. To confirm plans of its activities
- 8.8. To make decision of the time and place of the representative meeting
- 8.9. Election of representative meeting is based on applause.
9. (Board of directors) The highest structure of IMACO is the board of directors.
- 9.1. The board of directors is made of one president, one secretary-general, and three to five vice presidents.
- 9.2. President and three to five vice presidents are appointed by representative meeting and a secretary general by the board of director.
- 9.3. The first president must be mayor of city where located main office, and he or she can be reappointed president.
- 9.4. Representative of each country does not participate in the meeting of board of director.
- 9.5. The board meeting is held every two years. If the date is arranged with the representative meeting, it can be held before or during the meeting.
- 9.6. The obligations of the board of directors are to make resolutions, manage the finances, organize and prepare the representative meeting.
10. (Executive committee) Executive committee is a routine work leader structure of WTAO.
- 10.1. Executive committee should consist of one president, one secretary general, the other members selected by the board of directors and officers.
- 10.2. Responsibilities of the executive committee are:
- ⅰ) To guarantee completing duties of WTAO
- ⅱ)To supervise if each member group keeps those regulations and resolutions of WTAO
- ⅲ) To prepare for representative meeting
- ⅳ) To reflect all members' opinion
- ⅴ) To report to board of directors
Article 5. Costs
11. (Supply of Costs) Source of expenses : membership fee, support of national or international organization, social groups, enterprise or personal donation and other incomes.
12. (Spend of Costs) Membership fee must be used in organization activities made by representative meeting, not for other purposes.
Article 6. Additional Clauses
13. (Enforcement date) This regulations shall come into effect on the day of establishment of corporation.
14. (Establishment promotion committee) The original establishment president shall be the mayor of Yecheon and this regulations can be valid after every founders are signed.
15.(Formal language) The formal language of WTAO is Korean and English.
16. (Published reports) Its articles and the other reports are written in Korean and English. English version is standard when there are some differences in understanding provision and resolution.
17.(Copyrights) The copyrights and revision of this Article belong to representative meeting of WTAO.